Gama offers access to deep space using low-cost, reliable and scalable solar sails. While chemical and electric propulsion are complex and limited in range, solar sails fulfils the dream of free and continuous acceleration using the sun’s energy.
Founded in late 2020, backed by well known entrepreneurs, and collaborating closely with the French Space Agency (CNES), the team is moving fast for a first launch with SpaceX in 2022 to demonstrate our technology.
Our team is the secret to our success. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious and looking for the challenge to transform an industry.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious vision, we are looking for a Methods Engineer (m/f). In this position, you will be in charge of improving the output quality of the AIT team (Assembly, Integration and Tests). This is a crucial role as we aim to match or exceed the quality of larger established players, while keeping agile and efficient as we grow and launch our next missions.
Your mission will be to:
- Work with stakeholders to understand the mission objectives
- Establish the principles of lean execution and operating methods
- Sequence, optimise and plan resources and tasks
- Ensure quality is integrated into our processes and responsible for reviewing design quality
- Write protocols and technical documents
- Review the layout and organisation of our workspace
- Ensure safety procedures are understood and respected
You come with:
- An ability to evaluate where to invest time and effort
- Experience writing technical documents
- Exposure and interest in lean operations
- Strong analytical skills, a proactive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and unbounded curiosity
- Spoken English – further languages welcome
- The opportunity to shape the space industry, and be at the cutting edge of space exploration
- A steep personal development path, learning from and working with the Gama teams
- A highly talented, dynamic and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a privately financed New Space company
We are looking forward to receiving your application!