At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE Aviation Information Technology
If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you’re passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world’s toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
If you’re interested in working within aviation and looking for an internship rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and development, then join GE. Today, more than ever, the world needs great minds. What the world needs…is you.
Business – responsibilities will include project management, business intelligence/reporting, IT infrastructure to implementation activities and IT compliance.
Technical – responsibilities will include application/web development, security/controllership, defining business requirements for a new tool, supporting the implementation of a new system and providing technical support/engaging with end users.
You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects supported by your manager and team around you. We will support you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE experience. Your manager will offer coaching and mentoring, and the Company will provide the opportunity to connect with other interns across the UK.
If you are passionate about Information Technology, we would love to hear from you.
About GE Aviation Wales
As one of the largest commercial aircraft engine maintenance facilities in the world, with annual sales of over $2.9bn, the business works with over 90 customers worldwide, including Emirates, TUI, Lufthansa, Delta, United, ANA and British Airways.
In 2017, GE Aviation Wales was selected as the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul facility of choice for the GE9X; which will become the world’s largest and most fuel-efficient jet engine when it launches into service. The business will benefit from a £5m investment from the Welsh Government to support the total £20m investment put forward by the business, to equip and upskill the facility to be ready to maintain the GE9X fleet when it enters service on the new Boeing 777X aircraft.
GE Aviation Wales places a strong focus on providing career opportunities for talented individuals. Our apprenticeship, internship and work experience opportunities have been built to ensure the long-term success of our business by developing the next generation of technical, engineering and problem-solving talent.
- All internships are available to penultimate/final year students and will start between June to August 2021, for a duration of 12 months.
- Application deadline is 31st December 2020. However, we review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply ASAP. Vacancies will close once filled.
- The selection stages include online assessments, video interview and a final round interview.
- Please only submit one application. If you submit multiple applications, we will progress the most suitable one. If in future you are deemed to be suitable for other opportunities, we will automatically consider you for these too.
- Passionate about Information Technology
- Organised & able to work towards deadlines
- Inspired and curious to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take ownership for projects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.