Job Description Summary
Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through test or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptual or theoretical activities relating to identification and development, monitoring the productivity and reliability of new, conceptual, and untested technologies . To include work being done related to advance manufacturing works (AMW).
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- B. Tech. or M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design and analysis of aircraft engine components
- In-depth understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency in application of Geometry, Finite Element and optimization methods for design evaluation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Product knowledge about Aircraft engines or Gas turbine
- Experience on solving multi-disciplinary problems
- Awareness of Lean/Six-sigma methodologies
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.