Job Description Summary
The Sr. Data scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning & deep learning problems in Shop Cost Productivity development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of Machine Learning, deep-learning, statistical methods, semantic analysis for finding structure in large data sets.
Essential Responsibilities :
The Sr. Data Scientist will be a part of data science or cross-disciplinary team on Contractual Services Agreement (CSA) development projects typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers and end users working in concert with partners in GE business units. Develop data science models to address customer needs and opportunities. Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into viable products and services. Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics involving prediction & forecasting. Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis using descriptive statistics and other methods. Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics. Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes. Share and discuss findings with team members.
- Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of 3 years of data science algorithm development in the areas of Machine Learning
- A Degree in Engineering is a must for this role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Python with working experience with Machine Learning Techniques, Classifiers, and Neural Networks
- Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python (mandatory), R, etc.)
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for solving business problems
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working on analytics / software on heavy manufacturing, engineering, or airlines industries.
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning projects involving Exploratory Data analysis, model development, assessment, Prediction & Forecasting
- Deep hands-on experience in Machine Learning, building deep learning models and using advanced state of the art Machine Learning algorithms on industrial datasets using Python
- Demonstrated skill in good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms using data science stack
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
About Us :
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.