Putting Industrial Data to Work.
Job Description Summary
At GE Digital, we’re looking for bright and enthusiastic undergraduates to help transform how our customers solve their toughest challenges by putting industrial data to work. We bring simplicity, speed, and scale to our customers’ digital transformation with industrial software that delivers breakthrough business outcomes.
As a Services Software Intern, you’ll assist the GE Digital Grid Service Delivery Team with providing first-class solutions and their integration into a customer environment.
We’ll provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with expert Engineers, as well as work alongside other Digital Grid Software team members that are responsible for the implementation of our products that support the electrical grid and supervisory control systems.
- You’ll be responsible for programming a feature, a small feature set, and/or the creation of displays and database modeling to support the representation of the electrical grid network.
- Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring, and Testing Techniques.
- Knowledgeable in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Knowledgeable in the preparation of database structures.
- Preparation of documentation including test and quality procedures as it relates to Grid Control Centers.
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- You’ll be studying towards a STEM-related degree in year 3 or 4 (target grade – GPA 3.2 or above).
- A keen interest in technology and digitalization with an eagerness to learn.
- Familiarity with programming and knowledge of Java, C++, and Python technologies.
- Experience with web development and software development cycle knowledge.
- Knowledge of database systems and basic data structures.
- You’ll have well-developed communication skills both written and verbal, in English and Arabic.
- You’ll be an excellent team player whilst maintaining an independent perspective.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE: GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of the industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.