At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
Acts as key facilitator for corresponding manufacturing processes. Focal for manufacturing product quality, cost, and delivery. Works with cross-functional teams to solve technical issues and to identify and implement manufacturing improvements. Collaborates with quality and design resources to address product quality concerns, change in design requests, and design for manufacturability improvements.
- Facilitates collaboration across multiple functions to ensure product achieves targeted metrics (including implementation of New Repair Methods)
- Act as technical representative for product/hardware
- Utilize Route Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) to identify and implement short-term to mid-term process improvements
- Drive changes targeting Business and Quality Procedures improvements ensure they are followed.
- Provide product and process expert support in New Product Implementation projects.
- Being part of a local manufacturing and a global engineering team, embracing GEAPS (GE Aviation Production System), engaging relevant stakeholders, managing by exceptions and escalating in case if necessary
- Driving / Supporting EHS and Quality RCA’s, definition and implementation of Corrective Actions / Preventive Actions. Driving / Supporting EHS and Ergonomics projects
- Leading / Participating in Projects / Mission Based Teams, targeting Changes / Improvements and delivering them on time
- Taking active part in production meetings and taking the lead on solving technical issues and overcome obstacles which are impeding continuous material flow in production and process excellence
- Managing, developing and implementing all the technical enablers of a safe, quality and cost efficient (optimized) repair process improvements, including industrialization efforts of the new repair solution, for the assigned and/or relevant legacy products:
- Routings (task lists), Methods / Work Instruction (HELP Sheet / Tech Sheet), required Materials incl. locally manufactured (SPAD), Fixtures, Tools & Supplies, Environment, related Trainings, New Equipment, etc.
- in accordance with internal and external procedures, requirements and practices and business needs
- Continuous monitoring of Product Quality
- Rework rates, Product First Time Yield, Delivery (TAT, OTD) and Cost metrics for exceptions and trends, define and implement corrective and improvement actions, use data for prioritization
- Applying LEAN principles and tools in everyday work. Asking for help and sharing best practices
- All other duties as assigned within the job scope.
- engineering/ technical degree (minimum Bachelor’s level) at area of Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science,
- demonstrated ability to utilize Route Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) to identify and analyze problems,
- awareness of GE Aviation Production System and SAP,
- awareness of LEAN – 6Sigma principles and tools,
- strong oral and written communication skills English and Hungarian,
- strong interpersonal skills,
- ability to influence others and lead small teams,
- effective problem identification and solution implementation skills,
- lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact,
- ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously,
- proven analytical and data visualization skills,
- proven organizational skills,
- advanced use of MS Office tools such as Excel and Word.
- Prior experience in manufacturing
- prior experience in area of R&D or New Product Introduction Initiatives,
- Master degree at Aerospace, Power or Machine design engineering degree,
- prior experience in manufacturing,
- 3D modeling in NX, Solid Edge, Catia or equivalent,
- experience with 3D printing technology,
- experience in product, new product implementation and/or quality engineering,
- understating and practical use of Aviation Regulatory system and nomenclature,
- data visualization skills (scorecards, metrics development).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.