GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely.
Job Description Summary
Avio Aero ATO is looking for a Thermal Management System Lead Engineer to join our Advanced Systems Design & Technology team. The Thermal Management System Lead Engineer’s prime responsibility will be to lead the design and procurement of the TMS of a hybrid electric technology demonstrator.
The Thermal Management System Lead Engineer will play a critical role in the hybrid electric integrated global team, demonstrating leadership in managing technical and operational execution strategy, and engaging across GE globally and with industrial and academic partners. The Thermal Management System Lead Engineer contributes directly to GE Aviation’s short & long-term business goals.
In this role you will be responsible to
- Develop guidance for the design, analysis and procurement of thermal management system for an hybrid electric propulsion system that meet business standards, practices and procedures as well as the product/program requirements
- Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Execute resolutions of challenging technical issues related to the hybrid electric demo
- Identify need for technical and program reviews within the organization
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and program commitments for TMS components and systems
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Provide technical leadership to cross-functional teams and mentor others in the organization
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Monitor and communicate program status, business issues and significant developments
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of key aeronautical engines layout and architecture.
- Fluency in English and Italian language, both written and oral.
- Experience with design of fluid/thermal systems
- Good knowledge of fluid-dynamic and heat exchange basics
- Good knowledge of Windows based tools;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in development of aerospace or industrial product or technology.
- EU Work Permit
- Knowledge and experience in CFD tools/numerical modelling.
- Experience in experimental campaign related to fluid/thermal measurements.
- Capability of planning and external teams coordination
- Neat and inquiring thinking – lateral thinking
What we offer
Smart working and work life-balance
Avio Aero, when possible, promotes remote work and encourages a good, healthy and satisfying work-life balance. We value our employees’ wellbeing; hence we offer a variety of improvement programs aimed to preserve anyone’s psychological safety and daily needs.
At Avio Aero, we understand the importance of Total Rewards. As a new joiner to Avio Aero we are pleased to offer the following welcome benefit plan:
- Performance related bonuses and local bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits platform
- GE Aviation share plan
- Life and injury insurance
- Private medical cover
- Employee assistant program
- Employee special awards (service and recognition)
- Local special agreements and discounts
- English and languages training for you and one member of your family
- Technical, Leadership and development trainings
Inclusion & Diversity
Avio Aero is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are strongly committed to maintain an inclusive and diverse environment. Every employment decision is taken regardless to national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, etc.
We are not all the same. Just be Yourself @AvioAero!
Relocation Assistance Provided: No