At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
GE Global Research (Bangalore) invites applications from driven and exceptional Aerodynamics Scientists to work towards accelerated development of advanced technologies to improve aerodynamic performance for various GE products. You will perform research and technology development for the next generation of aircraft engine, gas turbine, and wind turbine products and services.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Independently execute tasks using your technical skills for projects in the field of aerodynamics
- Work as part of a team executing on multi-generation technology programs to enable future design advancements
- Participate in high fidelity computational analyses using existing software or by creating new analysis methods, including code development
- Develop ideas and concepts to improve aerodynamic performance and operability of turbomachinery components.
- Network across GE to understand critical business problems that require aero solutions; build plans and execute
- Constant awareness of mega-trends in the world, and the aerodynamic solutions that are needed to enable these mega-trends
- Post-graduate or Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines with 4+ years industry experience
- Strong knowledge of fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, CFD – fundamental concepts and applications – including direct experience with computational methods as applied to the above
- Experience in meshing & using engineering simulation/analysis tools (such as CFX or Fluent) to model turbomachinery flows.
- Fluency in basic programming using C, C++, ForTran, Python, Qt, MATLAB.
- Ability to investigate, model and provide critical insight into complex physical flow phenomena.
- Should be able to quote clear past examples for the following
- innovative thinking and implementation of ideas
- application of rigorous design and analysis methodologies
- challenging scientific theory and pushing the envelope of understanding
- Good teaming skills and ability to work with wide range of technical teams and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Characteristics :
- Experience in detailed modeling of turbo-machinery systems, components and sub-components (airfoils, blade rows, etc.) using standard CFD software
- Knowledge & experience of modelling large & complex systems using reduced order models
- Hands-on experience in designing compressors and/or turbines, at various levels of fidelity (1D, 2D, 3D, steady and unsteady)
- Exposure to Digital technologies and machine learning
- Experience in performing design trade-off studies and design optimization