At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
If you love technology and want a career in Engineering, the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is for you! EEDP is an entry-level engineering program consisting of rotational assignments and technical training. GE is committed to the development of tomorrow’s technologists, who have a real passion for technology/software and a drive for technical excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
GE’s Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is a two-year program that offers exceptional experiences to lay the foundation to build a brilliant Engineering career at GE. Edison Engineers gain professional development through an intense training program and a variety of business-critical assignments to make innovative contributions to GE Aviation’s product lines. The program is designed to accelerate your professional development through challenging technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Edison graduates have the technical and business foundation to innovate and create the future of flight with GE.
- Work on 3 to 4 job rotations over 2 years in a variety of disciplines, including Mechanical Design, Electromechanical and Controls Systems, Thermodynamic Analysis, CAD, and others.
- Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
- Participate in leadership development training with GE program members from other business and locations.
- Undergraduate degree or master’s degree in relevant Engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Electromechanical) from an accredited University or College.
- Maximum 1 year of professional experience (student co-op or internship experience is highly appreciated)
- Demonstrated knowledge in Mechanical Design, Thermodynamics, or Electromechanical Systems (student projects and degree Thesis are highly valued)
- Strong mathematical and analytical abilities: excellent command of numerical methods, college-level Mathematics (algebra, calculus), and college-level Physics.
- Passion for learning and technical growth: motivated, curious, self-learner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Team player: ability of build trust & commitment with colleagues in a high-performance team.
- Resilience: capacity to adapt to fast-paced changes, switch between technical disciplines and shorten learning curves.
- Demonstrated unyielding integrity in all business and academic dealings.
- Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for legal permits or visas.
- Excellent academic records (scholarships, travel bursaries and research projects are a plus)
- Knowledgeable with Engineering computing tools (Ansys, Unigraphics/NX, CAD tools, CFD tools, Matlab, Simulink or Scade)
- Time management: capacity to configure a balanced routine to enclose project assignments, academic activities and personal time.
- Ability to develop personal connections with people and manage projects and initiatives (extra-curricular activities, community service and volunteerism are highly valued)
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.