At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
This job requires individual to work closely with Operation, Quality and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure job task assigned are completed on time. This requires individual to be resourceful , independent and able to communicate effectively.
- Involve in GE90 & GE9X NPI vane sector SPS & eCAV substantiation.
- Assist Engineers in troubleshooting manufacturing issue and implementation of corrective actions. Conduct data collection and analysis.
- Assist Engineers in preparing reports & operation sheets, tracking of First Time Yield and MRB non-conformance parts for Engineering review and approval
- Assist Engineers in conducting evaluation trials on cost reduction projects.
- Involved in EHS projects & LEAN activities
- Understand the manufacturing process for new engine compressor vane sector.
- Implement process control and robust response plan.
- Hands-on to work with shop floor technician in managing and collecting data for engineering analysis.
- Conduct R&R study for fixture reliability
- Develop tooling design to enhance performance for New Manufacturing Process Technology
- Ensure tooling or fixtures are well tested for robustness and able to produce consistent and reliable results before handling over to Operation or Engineer in charge.
- Mechanical/ Aerospace academic background
- Experience in operating and programming machine (eg CNC, EDM, CMM)
- Experience in working under manufacturing environment
- Able to Interpret basic dimensions and tolerances, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing on Engineering drawing
- Microsoft Excel, Words, Power-point
- Interpersonal skills, independent with minimal guidance
- Able to communicate clearly
- Good team work
Relocation Assistance Provided: No