At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
Responsible to drive manufacturing quality excellence and continual quality improvement, and ensuring the site’s conformance to quality requirements for new-make manufacturing. Responsible to oversee Inspection Quality Operations, and Non-Destructive Testing as a NDT Level 3.
- Partner with Operations and Engineering teams to facilitate and drive quality improvement, in order to meet business targets and quality metrics.
- Partner and engage with Operations and Engineering teams to drive robust Root Cause Corrective Action on all shop quality issues to improve customer satisfaction and prevent escapes.
- Partner and engage with Operations and Engineering teams to facilitate and drive robust RCCA in order to reduce Workmanship Losses, Rework and Turnbacks so as to improve RTY, delivery performance and COQ.
- Continual review of quality measurement plans and metrics and recommend improvements to simplify and ensure effectiveness of production and quality processes.
- Track and monitor quality metrics (Yield, MRB, Losses), and perform trend analysis to identify systemic improvement opportunities.
- Drive engagement and participation in GEAPS, Lean and quality improvement across the site.
- Fulfil Responsible Level 3 roles and responsibilities for Non-Destructive Testing on site and oversee compliance of NDT process to GE, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Drive and promote Quality culture and participate in EHS and other shop initiatives as necessary.
- Support internal audits and perform CAR verifications.
- Support production/process substantiation (VSE, eCAV, GT193), and perform quality reviews of substantiation programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or equivalent);
- Minimum 4 years of relevant aerospace experience in repair/manufacturing or a quality assurance role;
- Knowledge of general aviation legislation and quality systems (ISO9001/AS9100);
- Knowledge of repair/manufacturing fundamentals and processes.
- Holds a recognized NDT Level 3 certification in at least Penetrant Inspection or Radiographic methods.
- Holds a recognized Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor certification
- Knowledge of RCCA/HF techniques, Lean, Six Sigma quality concepts and tools
- Demonstrated work experience in reading and interpreting blueprints or engineering specifications;
- Basic proficiency with of PC tools and software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Good initiative and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers