At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
Key accountabilities for Significant Process Substantiation (SPS) & eCAV completion and eventual approval, non-conformance reviews and disposition, Quality Event (QEM) support, Technical documentation preparation, review & maintenance, technical support/enquiry, Lean engagement for assigned products/process, Own equipment purchase through to commissioning and undertake tasks as assigned by immediate manager.
- Substantiate new product/process/source change, Change In Design (CID) substantiation, new/additional/modification of equipment
- Ensure internal shop documents are kept current with the latest technical publications and flow changes to appropriate personnel
- Generate, change/update technical documents (eg. OP sheets, routers etc)
- Track or collect data on yield and identify opportunities to improve yield; conduct new material tryouts; reviews for yield improvements
- Plan and manage product transition related activities
- Investigate and respond to CARs
- Where applicable, act as subject matter expert to design and develop appropriate OJT for shop technicians
- Engagement (Lead, participate, facilitate) in Lean activities to drive productivity and cost reduction
- Ensure that only up-to-date technical publications are deployed for use – compliance.
- Perform flow down of technical operating documents for technician use
- Ensure technical issues are resolved expeditiously for business.
- Understand customer (internal/external) requirements and respond timely
- Support skills development & enhancement for shop technicians(EG, certification, training etc)
- Support business productivity & cost efficiency drive efforts
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering or any Engineering discipline with at least 4 – 5 years relevant experience (minimum)
- Degree in Aeronautical Engineering or any Engineering discipline with 2-3 years relevant experience (preferred)
- Sound engineering/technical competency
- A Team player
- Strong planning & organizing ability & product knowledge
- Possess High Level of drive
- Takes initiative in assigned tasks
Relocation Assistance Provided: No