At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
Responsible to support respective business units to drive quality performance, continuous improvement and regulatory/system compliance, in order to enable delivery to customers and business metric improvement.
- Partner and engage with Operations and Engineering teams to facilitate and drive robust RCCA in order to reduce Customer Disruptions and improve customer satisfaction.
- Partner and engage with Operations and Engineering teams to facilitate and drive robust RCCA in order to reduce Workmanship/ WIP Losses, Rework and Turnbacks, and improve FTY, delivery performance and COQ.
- Partner and engage with Operations/Engineering teams to facilitate and drive avoidance of repair-induced Departures.
- Track and monitor quality metrics (Yield, Losses, Escapes), and perform trend analysis to identify systemic improvement opportunities.
- Drive engagement & training of inspectors and certifying staff to ensure disposition & inspection
- Drive engagement and participation in GEAPS, Lean and quality improvement across the site.
- Drive and promote Quality culture and participate in EHS and other shop initiatives as necessary.
- Act as focal point for all quality matters and clarifications for the business unit.
- Support internal audits and perform CAR verifications.
- Support, review and approval of New Product Introduction (NPI) and Process Change Notice (PCN) initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant aerospace experience in repair/manufacturing or a quality assurance role.
- Knowledge of repair/manufacturing fundamentals
- Holds a recognized Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor certification
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma quality concepts and tools.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Basic proficiency with of PC tools and software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (heat treat, welding, shot peening, coating, chemical processes, non-conventional machining)
- Demonstrated work experience in reading and interpreting blueprints or engineering specifications;
- Knowledge of RCCA/HF techniques
- Knowledge of Lean concepts and tools.
- Knowledge of general aviation legislation and quality systems (ISO9001/AS9100)
- Good initiative and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.