Job Description Summary
Responsible as Special Process Owner for the current special process on Machining and Lead, Manage and fulfil for new special process industrialization in-house. Provide engineering support for GE Engine Services Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution, metrics for performance and overall impact to the Services organization. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job covers a global network working across different organizations and time zones to achieve the intended business case for a given project.
- Lead and execute machining projects directly tied to services business financials and evaluate shop opportunities to transition repairs into the shop, resulting in shop visit cost savings and turn-around-time reduction.
- Own the machining process, monitoring TPM & OEE of the equipment’s.
- Review OEM overhaul/repair manuals for adequacy of technical details with regard to the performance and control of the special process.
- Obtain overhaul/repair manuals with inadequate process details from OEM.
- Obtain authorization from OEM, for usage of alternate materials, technique, parameters, consumables used to accomplish processes. All exceptions to the listed requirements must be documented, showing justification and/or approval from OEM
- Prepare and control Process Documents applicable to Special Process area as per GEESM internal procedure.
- Review and approve all repair routers/ Process Documents, consumable and Equipment related to special process.
- Ensure all the OEM requirements are being applied by the production.
- Critical project management skills are necessary as well as following the repair readiness levels applicable for each repair workscope being industrialized; process improvement opportunities are encouraged
- Working together with cross-functional team for NPI (New Process Introduction) and PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis).
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Demonstrate Leadership and Ability to escalate to solve work challenges.
- Apply Lean manufacturing expertise or lean foundational skills to simplify the process.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing & Material Science Engineering
- 7 to 10 years of working experience in Manufacturing & Repair of the parts.
- Experience in working with OEM in developing and submitting repair substantiation documents for approvals
- Essential (Must have) Having hands-on experience in Machining:
- Grinding, Drilling, Milling, Turning & Blending.
- CNC Programming, G-Code.
- Robotic programming (Fanuc, ABB)
- Added Advantage: Welding, Furnace Heat Treatment, Shot Peen, Thermal Spray & FPI.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Ability to propose different solutions