At GE, we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
Senior Leader in Lean discipline. Not functional specific. (eg.: CEO, COO). Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
- Leading regional / global projects to implement best practice manufacturing tools, mindset / thinking and processes.
- Creating platforms to drive optimization and continuously improve 4 core areas of quality, safety, delivery and cost
- Ensuring that Lean principles are being applied with the right goal in mind: To sustainably maximize the delivery of value to the customer.
- Act as a coach to other Lean Practitioners
- Challenging and supporting the organization to drive a culture that fosters continuous improvement, by asking guiding questions, supporting teams as they test hypotheses, and celebrating improvements, in both performance and process
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of experience in driving manufacturing process improvement
- Extensive Lean Manufacturing background within a plant and operational managerial experience from a production / manufacturing setting,
- Hands-on experience with implementing change projects
- An instinct for impact and a taste for stretched targets
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communicative skills and ability to operate at multiple organizational levels
- Deep understanding of lean and related areas (six sigma, TPM, TPS)
- Solid business acumen with substantial leadership experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes