Never Alone. Always Aware
We are currently growing our Software System Integration team in Ottawa. This is a great opportunity for highly customer focused technical professionals looking to problem solve and break things! You will spend part of your time at your desk and the other time in a hands on lab environment. You will provide development and support to the baseline Land Command Support System (LCSS), a system that is composed of battle management and common operation picture, along with email, chat, and other IT services such as custom applications and commercial products.
You will be responsible for test planning, definition, execution, reporting and supporting lab setup and configuration activities. You will take part in daily stand ups, investigate larger tasks with team members and leverage Subject Matter Experts (SME) within the organization to develop solutions.
Your day in more detail:
- Assist in planning and coordinating test activities
- Develop communications / system management plans and network configurations
- Develop integration and test plans and procedures, including configuration descriptions and expected outcomes, in accordance with the design documents
- Execute formal and informal integration and test procedures, gather and analyze data, and prepare integration and test reports.
- Build, configure, and validate test environments.
- Perform investigations and debugging of issues identified during testing and field exercises
- Develop and maintain automated test tools.
- Work closely with the system engineers to define requirements, develop and review use cases and system level design.
- Engage with customer representatives, vendors and other department staff.
- Prepare status reports to update progress
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma supplemented with applicable experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of complex system issues, with the ability to understand the interdependencies and interactions between subsystems.
- Knowledge of and experience with test engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to describe technical subject material to non-technical individuals.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods
- Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Assets to have but not required:
- Experience in Agile or SAFe
- Experience with LCSS systems, equipment, and/or lab configurations.
- Knowledge of the following: Active Directory (Microsoft or other), Antivirus (McAfee or other),
- System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operation Manager, Microsoft exchange, Chat applications, Sharepoint, Wiki, Routers
- Automated test tools (such as Squish, Robot Framework)
- Knowledge of Army structure, operational concepts, and systems.
- Experience in the Canadian Armed Forces planning operations or exercises and working with
- LCSS or related communications and networking equipment in the HQ and mobile domains.