Never Alone. Always Aware
Reporting to a Training Devices Manager, Test Engineers will carry out various duties including supporting the system and software development effort and testing Training Devices Subsystems.
Our first and foremost priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues. As a result, this role will be working remotely for the foreseeable future. The primary location of this role is Halifax.
The selected candidate will work closely with a team of highly skilled professionals in a collaborative environment. High team participation and cooperation is essential, as the role involves liaising with systems designers, software developers and integration and test engineers from other areas within MHP.
The responsibilities of the Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting requirements analysis and design review;
- Developing test cases that validate system level requirements;
- Executing test cases;
- Generating Problem Reports;
- Verification of completed Problem Reports;
- Participation in Integrated Product Teams;
- Providing input to the Training Devices Manager on schedule development, schedule progress, and risks;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years related test (experience preferred experience with defense industry).
- Knowledge of test development and methodologies.
- Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
Ideally you will have experience in
- Knowledge of DOORS
- Knowledge of ClearCase and ClearQuest
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods
- Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.