Building a world that works.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Manager on Shore is responsible for managing the scope of work allocated completing within the time, budget, and cash targets, whilst optimizing the margin for GE. This is Fixed Term Contract role for 2 Years.
Roles and Responsibilities
During project Start-up
- Review all proposals relating to site activities developed once the project was turned over to Execution.
- Develop implementation plan with Execution project team
During Project Execution
- Responsible for proper hand over from Execution Project Team to Power Services
- Ensure adherence to the determined escalation process
- Develop and maintain corresponding relationships with customer, partners and main subcontractors
- Capture return of experience and best practice
- Assistance to the PD/Overall PM in the reporting of project progress with clear identification of key issues which impact, or may influence, the project success
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members
- Development and evolution of the overall project schedule, for the allocated scope of work, updating of the schedule to reflect progress and using the schedule to optimize work and resolve problems
- Management of risks and opportunities, associated to the allocated scope of work, by the implementation of appropriate action plans
- Define effective claim strategies towards customer and/or partners and/or main subcontractors
- Resolution of claims and concessions to/from customers, consortium partners, contractors, and sub-suppliers for the allocated scope of work
- Support the development of the construction subcontracting strategy and the selection and procurement of main site subcontractors in accordance with the agreed strategy
- Co-ordination of all activities for the allocated scope including civil construction, M&E installation, and commissioning
- Management of permitting requirements and interface to local authorities in accordance with legal and contractual obligations
- Ensure project compliance to GE Spirit & Letter, GPS Golden Rules, local regulations and EHS
- Application of the project execution strategy, for the scope of work allocated, to deliver the project within the contract specification, schedule, budget and cash targets
- Be in Country, the contact for Customers, support approvals with statutory authorities and work in Tandem with the Overall project management team to provide a seamless connect to the customers and all members of the team in Country including site.
- This role requires significant experience in the Project Management & Project Management.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Master’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Experience in Project management role of at least 15 years
- Good oral and written Communication
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Inclusion & Diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
About GE Gas Power
GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.