Researching for the world of tomorrow
The focus of the DLR Institute for Data Science in Jena is to find solutions for the new challenges of the digitization era. The research focuses on the areas of data management, IT security, smart systems (Industry 4.0) and citizen science.
The Digital Production Platforms working group at the DLR Institute of Data Science deals, among other things, with semantic interoperability between different systems. For this purpose, different ontology formats are to be converted into one another (for which there are already solutions, but which are differently suitable for specific purposes).
We offer you the opportunity to do a student job or an internship in the field of software and method development for ontology conversion.
Their activities include in detail:
- Literature research in the areas of ontology and data conversion
- Familiarization with the subject of ontology and data conversion
- Analysis and evaluation of the current state of the art in the field of ontology and data conversion
- Software implementation of own or specified methods
- Evaluation and evaluation of the results
- Test and documentation of the work
As part of a student activity, you will perform your work for up to 20 hours per week.
- ongoing studies in computer science, mathematics or comparable
- Programming skills (Python and / or Java advantageous)
- Experience with ontologies (OWL)
- secure communication in German and English
- Interest in independent work
- Knowledge of Git is desirable
You can look forward to an employer who appreciates your commitment and promotes your development through a wide range of qualification and further training opportunities. Our unique working environment offers you creative freedom and an incomparable infrastructure in which you can realize your mission. Compatibility of private life, family and work as well as equal opportunities for people of all genders (f / m / d) are an important part of our personnel policy. We prefer applications from severely disabled people if they are qualified.