Taking Satellite Communications into the Future
Gilat’s satellite communications eco system is built around our inter-disciplinary platform, based on cutting edge RF technologies, state of the art modulation schemes, innovative optimization algorithms as well as advanced networking protocols.
Gilat is seeking a highly motivated, energetic System Architect to lead and drive system architecture designs and requirements. The ideal candidate oversees and analyzes key system architectural , providing expert level design and architectural solutions with appropriate redundancy, availability, scalability, manageability and business requirements needed for developing complex service provider solutions in the area of Satellite & System Networking.
By collaborating directly with Gilat commercial teams, this person will participate in the product development lifecycle to include ideation, detailed requirements analysis, design recommendations, validation, and oversite to Engineering and Operational teams for low level engineering, deployment and support
- As part of your job you’ll assume responsibility for system definition and requirements along with the adaptation of new technologies and industry trends into the product line roadmap.
- Analyze and define networking solutions based on the satellite network which is connected to the customers data centers and remote sites.
- Work closely with PLM and R&D developers. Analyze the customer needs (RFIs, RFEs) and write the system design document and spec for the development teams.
- As a System Architect you will work closely with other R&D functional groups, including S/W, H/W, RF as well as project management, operations and others.
- SC in Electrical Engineering\ Computer Science.
- Previous experience in the system architecture of a multi-disciplinary system.
- Previous experience in customer-facing technical negotiations and adapting product requirements to field needs.
- High proficiency in English.
- Team Player.
- High interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Well-developed knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering.
- Experience with RF\Satellite technology.