All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Program Manager – Satellites to coordinate and drive cross functional teams to deliver results in-line with set schedule, budget and quality objectives. You will be contributing towards the achievement of the company’s overall business objectives by leading Gilmour Space satellite programs and ensuring alignment to the company’s strategic decision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Lead all aspects of the Gilmour Space satellite programs from conceptual design through integration, test, launch, and coordination of on-orbit operations.
- Support proposal efforts to align new efforts with long-term strategic vision and to ensure contract requirements are executable.
- Manage schedule, budget, and documentation for multiple satellite programs throughout the entire development and operational lifecycle.
- Be primary point of contact for customer to resolve issues, negotiate requirements, coordinate technical and programmatic changes, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Plan and lead customer reviews through cross-company coordination, developing and briefing technical content on complex designs, trade studies, risks, and issues
- Prepare, coordinate, and chair presentations and design reviews
- Collaborate with product engineering groups to understand vehicle readiness and how changes impact requirements, vehicle risk, CONOPs, and launch dates
- Lead a small, agile team to ensure all technical requirements are met
- Work with the Human Resource Department in the recruitment, training, and performance evaluation of employees
- Provide leadership, motivation, and direction in the day to day running of employees reporting to this position, ensuring it is managed effectively by setting clear targets/KPI’s and monitoring these in line with expectations
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 3+ years of experience in satellite development
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver reliable and expeditious results across multiple parallel priorities
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in strategy, development, and execution of plans/projects
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with internal and external entities
- Working experience of ERP systems (SAP, Fishbowl, other)
- Spacecraft mission design and/or development, integration and test experience
- Previous management or program leadership experience
- Strong penchant for innovation in process improvement and system design
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and ability to work in a very high paced and dynamic environment
- Well-developed negotiating or conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/requirements
- Advance level in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
A self-motivated, team player with a background in the Aerospace or related industries and a passion for the space industry is essential to the success of this role.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.