All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Sales Engineer to act as a go-to technical resource for the sales team. You will be helping to make prospects successful through live assistance, behind the scenes support and education, relying on technical expertise to effectively explain and apply concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of the sales team.
- Assist in the creation and delivering presentations, statements of work, proposals, and quotes.
- Organise and represent Gilmour Space at launch integration & operations reviews with the Customers.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource for the entire go to market team, educating team members as well as prospects in service of providing a consistently positive Access to Space experience.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with prospects during the sales process across many different prospects simultaneously.
- Use your in-depth product knowledge and technical skills to suggest and potentially develop product solutions for prospects.
- Timely coordination of all launch related items internal and external to Gilmour Space.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class pre-sales support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Solve problems manually first and then either automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Access to Space product and customer experience over time.
- Travel as required in support of the launch effort.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Good understanding of orbital mechanics
- 3 plus years of sales engineering, technical support, or engineering experience
- 5+ years of professional experience required
- Willing to travel (up to 25%)
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and work within a project SoW, engineering, and sales resources to ensure complete user satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to create & present design proposals and solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
A self-motivated, team player with a background in the Aerospace or related industries and a passion for the space industry is essential to the success of this role.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.