All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is an aerospace company based on the gold coast. Pioneering next-generation satellites and hybrid propulsion technologies.
Want to build Satellites on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting for someone to Assemble, Integrate and Test (AIT) our Satellites.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned aerospace company.
- Working in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Opportunity to grow into a management position, leading a satellite-building team
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Building satellites accurately and to a high standard, according to drawings, procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Perform post-test operations and inspections to ensure that satellite hardware is flightworthy
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometres, and callipers
- Make, build, repair, and assemble equipment needed
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of operations
- Hands-on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Collaborate with the satellite design team to develop build and test procedures, and document activities
- Ensure all services are performed safely, to schedule, and in a professional manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Operate and maintain specialist hardware such as thermal vacuum chambers and vibration tables
- Manage satellite integration cleanroom
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary education in a technical subject (e.g. Undergraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering, or an advanced TAFE diploma in electronics)
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Assembly & test experience with high criticality electronics (Satellite or aircraft avionics, Automotive ECUs and control electronics, advanced medical equipment)
- Experience with clean room protocols for the assembly or maintenance of high criticality equipment
Genuine interest in aerospace
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace