All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting Structures Technician to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Assembly and installation of the rocket structures.
- Use tooling holes, pilot holes, or by hand (as required), per drawing or tooling instructions.
- Align parts and secure in place using clecos or tooling/hand clamps.
- Check for good edge margins and alignment.
- Shim and/or trim parts as required.
- Select drill bits, reamers and/or countersinking tools for pilot and full size holes.
- Locate, drill pilot holes using drill motor and proper size drill bit(s).
- Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor.
- Set countersinking tools to proper depth as required.
- Disassemble parts and deburr holes using deburring tools, and files to prepare for installation of fasteners.
- Use solvents to clean surfaces prior to sealing or assembly.
- Apply sealant, primer, adhesives, special finishes.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners.
- Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor)
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade
- 3+ years of experience in the aerospace, manufacturing, marine or automotive industry
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing company.
- Enjoy working with your hands to create quality results
- High-volume manufacturing experience.
- Experience drilling, reaming, honing and/or countersinking straight and close tolerance holes.
- Experience using various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, floor-mounted power tools and precision measuring tools.
- Hard worker who enjoys contributing to team goals
- Experience making basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions.
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Experience operating computing equipment.
- Ability to think fast on your feet in a dynamic environment
- Ability to be a proactive problem solver
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace