All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Perform hands-on engineering and liaison role between the design teams and manufacturing organisation as Gilmour Space works to iterate on designs and ramp into the manufacturing phase.
- Responsible for the manufacturability of electrical and avionic sub-systems, mechanisms, harnesses and other electrical components
- Contribute to design reviews acting as an expert in design for manufacturability, design for testability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc.
- Primary point of contact for electrical, battery, avionic and harness component production, non-conforming product, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, failure investigations and corrective actions
- Lead the mature supply chain development for relevant manufacturing process components and materials
- Manufacturing tooling design and validation
- Development and implementation of new manufacturing technologies, investigation and introduction of new capital equipment and upgrades.
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including manufacturing processes, standards, assembly procedures, test procedures, standard operating procedures, bills of materials, suitable alternate parts lists and drawings
- Update designs when necessary, in response to manufacturing issues, parts/material obsolescence, and system requirement changes
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of established product to reduce issues, decrease manufacturing time, and lower costs
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures
- Perform training of manufacturing personnel and leadership
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with electrical and avionics systems in a professional setting (excluding internships)
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years’ experience with electrical system design
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining an Australian Government NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace manufacturing (e.g. aircraft/drone electrical systems)
- Enjoy working across teams whilst being hands on to produce results
- Experience with high performance electrical motors and relevant power supplies
- Experience in space-related programs
- Exceptional time management, communication, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Enjoys challenges and able to manage priorities to achieve results within a high-paced and driven environment
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
- If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace