All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a GNC Engineer II to design algorithms and implement flight-critical software for a rocket system to deliver small satellites to orbit. The control laws include algorithms responsible for communicating to the effectors and sensors on the vehicle. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Design, analyse, and tune vehicle attitude and position control loops using time and frequency domain techniques
- Design efficient logic algorithms and state machines to manage and control discrete-state actuators
- Derive requirements for high bandwidth control systems within the context of full vehicle control performance, including setting bandwidth requirements
- Implement GNC algorithms in C++ flight software and support flight software qualification testing, including hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) test programs
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required
Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree
- 3+ years’ experience with design of algorithms for classical, modern, and
non-linear control system design theory
- Proficient in MATLAB / SIMULINK and C++ software development
- Demonstrated competence in tuning inertial navigation system filters
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications