All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Have you ever wanted to work with Satellites on the Gold Coast? Well 2x roles are now available for a Junior Software Engineer (Satellites). This position is an entry-level role with plenty of opportunity to develop your technical and professional skills. As a software engineer in the satellites team, you will be writing embedded software that runs on satellites, software that commands satellites from the ground, and undertaking software tests that check a satellite is working properly. We’re building some of the most advanced space technology in Australia, and we’re just getting started. Be part of our success and have your code fly in orbit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Contributing as part of a software team and larger interdisciplinary team, you will see projects through from their beginnings as architecture drawings on a whiteboard, to their end as deployment on a live satellite in orbit. The responsibilities listed below are not exhaustive. They represent examples of the work performed by this position:
- Support System Engineers and Senior Software Engineers define software requirements for new features
- Write proof of concept software to run on satellite simulators
- Develop unit tests to verify correct functioning of new flight software
- Develop flight software
- Develop and maintain software that is part of our ground infrastructure for mission control
- Debug new software on flight representative hardware
- Debug software on a live satellite in orbit
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Science discipline; or 3+ years of experience in software development in a professional setting
- Development experience in C
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Postgraduate degree (Masters, MPhil, PhD) in computer science or a related field
- Experience with electronics
- Past or current experience developing embedded software in a similar industry e.g., medical equipment, automotive, aerospace, defence
- Proficient with embedded Linux.
- Ability to write software or firmware for microcontrollers (ARM, PIC)
- Experience developing for FPGAs (e.g. VHDL, Verilog)
- Well-developed software defined radios experience
- Experience with one or more of the following languages or software packages: FreeRTOS, Python, Swift, MATLAB, Dockers, HTML5, React
- Experience with physical layer communication technologies, particularly CANbus, RS422/485, UART and Ethernet
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace