All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Mechanical Engineer Graduate will work with the engineering teams to design mechanisms, structures, test hardware for ground and space segment systems, as required by the schedule. Additionally, you will integrate sub-systems into the Suborbital Launch Vehicle Program structure and test hardware to validate designs. You will also be responsible for documenting and communicating designs internally with the manufacturing group and with external manufacturing contractors. To do this, it will require you to develop drawings and other documents to communicate your design intent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Design custom hardware and maintain existing documentation.
- Design and test vehicle structures and mechanisms using CAD and FEA software.
- Design mechanical ground support equipment to aid integration and test.
- Review specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts.
- Update drawings to support manufacturing with engineering change orders.
- Oversee project documentation.
- Create detailed drawings incorporating an understanding of GD&T.
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, or Structural Engineering.
- 1+ years of Mechanical or Structural design and Drafting Experience (including internships or personal projects).
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience working on structural design of large structures (cranes, mining, or other heavy engineering plant).
- Utilise a CAD software design package (Solidworks) to facilitate design and engineering drawing creation. This includes a solid understanding and application of GD&T.
- Utilise FEA software (e.g. ANSYS, NASTRAN) and rigorous hand calculations to facilitate design.
- Ability to manage large assembly models and drawings.
- Experience working in project teams such as Formula SAE, Hybrid Electric Vehicle, University Rocketry Clubs.
- Familiarity with welded structures and design approaches.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace