All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing towards an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Design custom hardware and maintain existing documentation.
- Design and test vehicle structures and mechanisms using CAD and FEA software.
- Design mechanical ground support equipment to aid integration and test.
- Review specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts.
- Update drawings to support manufacturing with engineering change orders.
- Oversee project documentation.
- Create detailed drawings incorporating an understanding of GD&T.
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, or Structural Engineering.
- 1+ years of Mechanical or Structural design and Drafting Experience (including internships or personal projects).
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Ability to manage large assembly models and drawings.
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T.
- Enjoy working with your hands to create quality results
- Experience working in project teams such as Formula SAE, Hybrid Electric Vehicle, University Rocketry Clubs.
- Hard worker who enjoys contributing to team goals
- Familiarity with welded structures and design approaches.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Good time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organisational, communication and documentation skills.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace