All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Quality Inspector to support the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the quality department. You will also be required to document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Inspect supplied product according to the applicable drawing and or work order specifications to verify that it conforms to all design requirements
- Perform repetitive inspection following standardized methods
- Perform first article inspections, and production inspections
- Communicate help resolve quality related issues
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes
- Support quality management system policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Create, maintain, and verify CMM programs used for the measurements of manufactured and supplied parts
Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade
- 3+ years of quality inspection experience in Aviation or related field
- ISO 9001/AS9100 inspection experience
- CMM experience
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specification