All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As the Senior GNC Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of algorithms and flight-critical software for rocket systems that will deliver satellites to orbit. Work with a talented team of engineers to design, develop, analyse, test and operate launch vehicles, and their subsystems, with the aim of ensuring highly reliable flight. Work across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed in this position.
- Lead the development and testing of innovative Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems for launch vehicles
- Lead the testing and analysis of GNC systems, including hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) testing, Monte Carlo analysis, integration testing and unit testing
- Analyse launch vehicle trajectories, flight stability and algorithm performance
- Lead the development of verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
- Participate in multi-disciplinary launch vehicle trade-study investigations and design studies that define launch vehicle requirements and system architectures
- Support post-flight data review and analyses for the continuous improvement of design predictions
- Support launch vehicle ground test, launch and mission operations
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree
- 5+ years’ experience with the design, implementation and test of GNC algorithms
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- RPEQ or CPEng
- Proficient in MATLAB, SIMULINK and C++ software development
- Demonstrated experience with developing and tuning of GNC algorithms
- Experience with control systems, modelling and simulation, orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors and actuators
- Proficient in solving complex problems with little to no supervision, as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate results on-time
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Have a passion for advancing the commercial space industry
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal:
- Demonstrates leadership, teamwork and negotiating skills
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage work demands and deliver outcomes.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement and environmental management
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
- You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
- If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace