WE BUILD ROCKETS.
All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Warehouse Specialist to support the Supply Chain Manager to ensure the smooth running of the warehouse / inventory system. Document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Acknowledge and take receipt of all incoming materials and packages, identify, receipt in inventory management system, and transport to receiving inspection, stockroom or identified location.
- Take direction from supervisor/lead
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers and quantity as required
- Create shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels as per Gilmour Space dispatch procedure
- File and maintain records of shipping documents per company guidelines
- Perform cycle counts to assure proper inventory
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with best business practices
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
- Accurately update inventory management system
- Operate forklifts and material handling equipment per safety procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping in area
- Coordinate internal receipt pickup and internal delivery service as required
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Willingness to learn other areas and aspects of team roles, including Laser Part Marking
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience in shipping, receiving, and/or inventory control
- Current Forklift Licence
- Experience with RFIs and hand scanners
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Experience with inventory management system
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft, Excel & Word
- Ability to lift 20kg unassisted, lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Reading comprehension, multitasking, critical thinking, coordination
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.