The world's first online GIS! GIS Cloud, one of the first companies in the world to create and develop a geographic information solution in the cloud, to this day one of the champions of the industry, won several local and international investments and support for its development.
Be a part of change in the world of mapping and help us build and develop a unique product that has a huge impact on communities, cities and organizations across the globe.
Our solution is being used by more than 100.000 users in more than 50 countries throughout the globe: from Australia, Denmark, USA, Oman, Africa, Brazil to Japan.
We are looking for a mid to senior Backend Developer. You will work on developing our proprietary geospatial cloud platform with the fastest vector map engine technology in the world, and various platform modules and apps.
Our users utilize GIS Cloud mapping solutions for data collection, visualization, analysis and processing in various industries: from increasing availability of clean water for citizens in remote areas, water or electricity network and road infrastructure, to mapping the Maori burial sites in New Zealand.
We attend and sponsor many interesting and relevant international events and conferences – such as FOSS4G, the most important conference on the open source software for geospatial.
Last year our backend team attended the PHP Serbia conference in Belgrade which they’ll be visiting this year as well to catch-up on novelties with colleagues from the industry. In 2018 the team decided to start migrating GIS Cloud backend code to Symfony. To boost their knowledge, they traveled to the SymfonyCon conference in Lisbon, and last year to the SymfonyCon in Amsterdam as well.
Join our enthusiastic team of experts and truly influence the way the world works on a daily basis.
What you will be doing :
- Develop web mapping platform and geo-processing tools
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions (with spatial component)
What we expect from you :
- Strong knowledge of PHP programming
- Understanding of the MVC design patterns and frameworks
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Familiarity with SQL
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as Git
Additional skills (not required) :
- Experience with Symfony framework
- Experience with API Platform framework
- Experience with PostgreSQL ORDBMS
- Knowledge of C++ programming
- Knowledge of Python programming
You will get:
- A motivating and pleasant work environment where you can contribute to the development of the exciting and innovative technology that sets up the industry standards on a global scale
- Working on a unique product and a platform which includes mobile and web apps that are being offered through a SaaS model, a platform that enables easy development of cloud applications
- A steady increase of salary according to individual performance
- Interesting and challenging tasks and direct influence on the product development
- Continuous education, international conferences, books, online tutorials
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- An awesome pet-friendly office in the Zagreb city center and gourmet food prepared by our chef
- A game of table football, darts, VR (HTC Vive) or AR (HoloLens) when you need a break