We are developing analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites. We are using advanced techniques such as Machine Learning, AI, Computer Vision and many more to derive meaning from the satellite data. Our products run on the Amazon Web Services cloud platform and we are looking for a GIS Developer to join our expanding technology team to work on our exciting GIS Applications and tools.
Working along with colleagues in the technology team to develop GIS applications and tools based on our technology platform to deliver features and functionality for our products and services. The GIS developer role is key to the delivery of our Geospatial data in a way that is useful for our customers.
We use Agile development methods and all our applications and services run on Amazon’s Web Services platform.
- Minimum 2 years experience in software development in a GIS related role
- Experience developing software to present and analyse time aware geospatial data
- Have worked with remote sensing data, ideally from Earth Observation satellites or aerial imagery
- Geospatial data compilation and presentation
- Knowledge and understanding of OGC standards such as WMS, WMTS, WCS, CSW, WPS
- Knowledge and understanding of vector and raster file formats, including ESRI shapefile, ESRI worldfile, GML, KML, KMZ, GeoJSON, TopoJSON, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, RPC, LAS, LAZ, PLY
- Experience with GIS packages like ArcGIS or QGIS
- Experience with server-side GIS technologies including GeoServer, MapServer, and geospatial databases such as PostgreSQL+PostGIS
- Proven Front End/UI development experience
- Python development experience
- Experience building cloud applications utilising 3rd party APIs
- Computer Science, GIS, Engineering or related degree
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience in WebGIS development
- Experience in cloudGIS (scalable GIS processing and collaborative mapping) development desirable
- Experience with CesiumJS or a similar mapping library such as Leaflet would be ideal
- Some knowledge of basic web development tooling and processes, such as GIT, JIRA, Scrum, Cloud (AWS)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Spatial Measurement
- Land Use Classification
- Object and feature identification
- Logistics routing
- Transportation modelling
- Geoprocess modelling
- Topographic analysis
- 3D elevation modelling
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full colour video data sets from space.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.