GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading supplier to the aircraft industry. With 38 production locations in 12 countries, we serve more than 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and produce innovative smart space systems and components. Every time you travel by plane, GKN is likely to help you get started.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented employees with the skills and passions to become the best at what they do.
Accountable for local commercial management and assigned non-strategic sourcing for the geographical area under his / her responsibility.
Senior Buyer geographical area normally a larger site or oversight of a cluster of smaller sites.
Responsible for in-contract modifications, transfers or new products; ensuring products are sourced at competitive prices in line with aerospace commodity strategy.
Management of supplier delivery for parts sourced as modifications, transfers or new products until FAI is achieved.
- Senior Buyer geographical area normally a larger site or oversight of a cluster of smaller sites
- Responsible for reporting procurement activity and site reviews for the geographical area under his / her responsibility
- Responsible for the geographical area interface between programme and commodity management for new sourcing and change programmes in line with the group commodity strategy
- Support commodity managers for the geographic region supplier selection RFQ / RFP with the use of E-Sourcing tools
- Support parts / supplier transfers and industrialisation (Major transfers)
- Responsible for parts / supplier transfers and industrialisation (Minor transfers) through to FAI
- Drive implementation of global / regional agreements within geographic area
- Responsible for the transfer of parts from PO to Schedule including the negotiation of moving from Schedule to consignment / DLF etc
- Responsible for all PO demands placed upon suppliers to ensure that Key Objectives of cost, quality and delivery are secured
- Responsible for site procurement change control, export control and ITAR
- Responsible for the delivery / maintenance / Integrity of site BOM
- Responsible for ensuring item / contract data is updated and maintained
- Responsible for the flow down of enabled customer materials, pricing and skyline forecasts to Suppliers
- Responsible for developing and supporting site cost reduction opportunities and supplier development plans in-line with business requirements.
- Responsible for supplier risk including use of rate readiness templates and awareness of Dunn & Bradstreet for financials
- Responsible for Managing Raw Material Inventory levels for Purchase Order parts in line with programme targets and start dates.
- Responsible for the resolution of Invoice queries related to pricing
- Be an escalation point for any cost / contractual issues with Suppliers working with commodity management where further escalation is required.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.