Measuring natural resources from space.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced self-starter to be part of a dynamic and leading-edge analytics company in the very exciting space technology sector. This is a key role to support product delivery, development and clients in our multi-disciplinary team based in Edinburgh.
GSI specialises in forestry, land and carbon, creating unique commercially valuable management information to drive sustainable outcomes. With deep roots in environmental sciences, we harness next-generation artificial intelligence to transform satellite optical and radar data, UAV, drone and ground surveys into valuable solutions tailored to our clients’ needs.
Our innovative combinations of data sources and artificial intelligence enable us to go beyond the straightforward classification of natural assets, providing highly accurate solutions for forestry, land management and carbon offsetting across the world.
We are an ambitious team of individuals, leveraging patent-protected methodologies to extend our product range and list of repeat clients. Our advanced analytics are delivered at scale with demonstrable accuracy, placing us at the leading edge of a new wave of geospatial companies.
We are looking for a self-motivated forest expert to join our team. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of commercial forestry in the United Kingdom. They will have a keen interest in the use of geospatial data to support forest management – with the skills to work across multiple datasets from different sources.
This role is offered on a part-time basis, 3-4 days per week.
The successful candidate will be supported through a structured onboarded process, introducing our vision, approach and methodology. With a weekly allocation for personal development, there is plenty of opportunity for self-growth. As an SME, GSI provides an experience beyond the confines of a traditional role.
- Clean, filter and interpret client forest data – for example, cruise plots and forest inventories
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between input and outputs of GSI’s models
- Provide critical quality analysis of ForestNow datasets
- Gather, investigate, and interpret client requirements in support of the sales team
- Interpret & summarise data products for presentation to clients in support of contract delivery
- Inform and contribute to product development and applications
- Clear and positive communication – written and verbal
- 2+ years’ experience working in / with UK commercial forestry sector
- Experience working with geospatial data and GIS tools, e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS
- Critical and analytical approach
- A drive to learn, to ask questions and to improve on the status quo