With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
Primary role purpose:
As a Global Technical Support Consultant, you’ll be monitoring and maintaining terminals, firmware and networks for Inmarsat’s Partners and end customers, sometimes as part of a Managed Service offering. If there are any issues relating to the ‘Service Offering’, such as configuration, upgrades, throughput, you’ll be the first person our Partners and end customers will come to. Tasks can include documenting cases, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face. Most importantly, as customers cannot afford to be without safety communications for more than the minimum time taken to repair or replace, your technical support is vital to the ongoing operation of vessels, aircraft or land based terminals and the lives of those relying on these services.
- Working with customers to do initial identification and diagnose hardware device, software application, system and/or network problems and advising on the solution providing customer excellence along the way
- You will participate in troubleshooting any GX service system or hardware issue raised by our channel, NOC or other internal parties
- You will work closely with the training academy to pass knowledge on GX troubleshooting processes, network tools and useful network/system experience you gain
- Logging and keeping records of customer issues and solutions to enable Business Improvement initiatives including analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Contribute to update self-help documents so customers and colleagues can try to fix problems themselves
- Working with field engineers who conduct site visits if a problem is more serious
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in communications/network engineering
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the satellite communications or cellular sector
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth® within a mobile / satellite environment
- Exceptionally customer-focused and love assisting other people overcome technical challenges, which drives you to identify solutions both inspirational and innovative
- Self-motivated and tenacious in ensuring that, even under pressure, tight deadlines are met
- Proactive in maintaining and growing strong technical awareness along with solid commercial knowledge. You are a fantastic communicator and you are keen to share your ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and decipher technically complex issues from a multicultural customer base
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of network and networking protocols
- Good understanding of core Inmarsat Products & Services and their capabilities
- Experience in working on a shift pattern
- Knowledge of a foreign language
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do