GMV is a technological business group with an international presence. We offer our solutions, services and products in very diverse sectors: Aeronautics, Banking and Finances, Space, Defense, Health, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Automotive, Telecommunications, and Information Technology for Public Administration and large corporations.
We lead missions to outer planets, observe the Earth from space, bring technology to Mars, integrate aerospace technology into people’s daily lives… We dreamed about touching the stars, and we did it! If you don’t know us yet, we are an engineering and technological innovation company working on several areas, including the space sector, where we lead projects in flight segment activities, satellite navigation, ground segment, data processing or space robotics among many others.
GMV is looking for a highly motivated AEROSPACE ENGINEER, or equivalent, for its activities in the areas of Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST) and Space Traffic Management (STM), including R&D tasks, software development and related engineering and analysis activities.
GMV is a leading company in the space sector in particular in SST and STM. GMV engineers use cutting-edge technologies to develop the solutions of the future. We are looking for engineers who bring new ideas, new ways of working, and above all, passion for the challenges of the space sector. As an engineer, you will work on specific projects related to Space Surveillance and Tracking with opportunities to switch teams, location and project as GMV grows and evolves. SST and STM are becoming more and more relevant topics in the space sector due to the need to manage the traffic of the population of objects orbiting the Earth, both space debris and operational satellites, which is growing rapidly nowadays due to the launch of mega-constellations. In particular, in relation to this vacancy, GMV is increasing its activities within Space Traffic Management. Within this area, we are looking for a technical leader with several years of experience able to lead technically projects and the associated team.
The successful candidate will be integrated in GMV’s SSA multidisciplinary team located across several countries, with several projects currently on-going. In particular, the successful candidate will join the department taking care of SST/STM activities at European and Spanish levels , both for the development and operation of SST/STM systems and the execution of relevant studies. The concrete tasks to be performed by the successful candidate will mostly focus on leading technically activities with a strong relation with orbit determination, collision risk estimation and manoeuvre optimization with SST/STM. Thus, proven experience in those fields is an asset for the candidate. The candidate is expected to lead the project team as well as to interface with the customer in all aspects related to the project. Hence, proven capabilities related to team leadership, the definition of tasks and schedule are required.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
If you want this position to be yours, we would like you to have the following knowledge/experience:
- Software programming (Java, python)
- Team leadership
Nice to have:
- Project management
- Orbit determination
- Manoeuvre optimization
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Join our GMV team and culture by entering into technological and innovative projects within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional career development and training plan. You will be able to acquire or perfect knowledge in the technologies we use as well as in skills. We also offer a language learning program.
- We are flexible! We have flexible hours and intensive working hours during the summer months. In addition, you can work from home to improve your work-life balance.
- We care about your well-being. You will have private health insurance with dental and accident insurance.
- You will be able to make part of your salary more flexible through our flexible salary plan where you will have several options such as restaurant tickets, childcare tickets, medical insurance for a family member.…
- Join our team activities, events and sports competitions.
- No dress code! Be comfortable at work
- Are you coming from another country? We offer you a relocation package.
- Do you want to switch off? You will find fruit and coffee at your disposal in our canteen.
- We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company committed to inclusion and diversity.