GMV is a technological business group with an international presence. We offer our solutions, services and products in very diverse sectors: Aeronautics, Banking and Finances, Space, Defense, Health, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Automotive, Telecommunications, and Information Technology for Public Administration and large corporations.
We lead missions to outer planets, observe the Earth from space, bring technology to Mars, integrate aerospace technology into people’s daily lives… We dreamed about touching the stars, and we did it! If you don’t know us yet, we are an engineering and technological innovation company working on several areas, including the space sector, where we lead projects in flight segment activities, satellite navigation, ground segment, data processing or space robotics among many others.
Right now we are looking a highly motivated Aerospace Engineer for its activities in the areas of Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST), including R&D tasks, software development and related engineering and analysis activities.
GMV is a leading company in the space sector in particular in Space Traffic Management and in Space Surveillance and Tracking. GMV engineers use cutting-edge technologies to develop the solutions of the future. We are looking for engineers who bring new ideas, new ways of working, and above all, passion for the challenges of the space sector. As an engineer you will work on specific projects related to Space Surveillance and Tracking with opportunities to switch teams, location and project as GMV grows and evolves.
Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST), is becoming a more and more relevant topic in the space sector due to the need to manage the traffic of the population of objects orbiting the Earth, both space debris and operational satellites, which is growing currently, and is expected to increase even more dramatically due to the launch of megaconstellations.
The successful candidate will be integrated in GMV’s SSA multidisciplinary team located across several countries, with several projects currently on-going. In particular the successful candidate will join the team in charge of the development of the Polish SST Operations Centre. The concrete tasks to be performed by the successful candidate will mostly focus on engineering activities with strong relation with orbital mechanics, including orbit determination.
These tasks will allow the candidate to:
- Improve its know-how on how systems are engineered in the space sector
- Understand the risks posed by space debris on satellites
- Gain hands-on experience on the operation of complex ground systems for space applications
- Work in a very dynamic environment surrounded by highly skilled and motivated engineers
- Be involved in the daily operations of satellites, ranging from the orbit determination of space debris objects to the analysis of potential collision avoidance maneuvers
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
If you want this position to be yours, we would like you to have the following knowledge/experience:
- Academic degree: MSc in aerospace engineering
- Level of English: B2
- Required knowledge:
- Orbital mechanics
- Space Environment
- Desirable knowledge:
- Space debris
- Space surveillance and tracking
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Join our GMV team and culture by entering into technological and innovative projects within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional career development and training plan. You will be able to acquire or perfect knowledge in the technologies we use as well as in skills. We also offer a language learning program.
- We are flexible! We have flexible hours and in addition, you can work from home to improve your work-life balance.
- We care about your well-being. You will have private health insurance with dental and accident insurance.
- Join our team activities, events and sports competitions. In addition, we offer Gympass to keep you active.
- No dress code! Be comfortable at work
- Are you coming from another country? We offer you a relocation package.
- Do you want to switch off? You will find fruit and coffee at your disposal in our dining rooms.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?