GMV is a technological business group with an international presence. We offer our solutions, services and products in very diverse sectors: Aeronautics, Banking and Finances, Space, Defense, Health, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Automotive, Telecommunications, and Information Technology for Public Administration and large corporations.
If you are passionate about technology and curious to learn how to work in the defence sector in national or international projects, your place is here! If you don’t know us yet, we are an engineering and innovation company that works in different areas, one of them is defence and security where we work in cyber defence projects, simulation or space programs among others. We also participate in projects for international defence and security organisations, designing, developing, integrating, testing and maintaining defence and security systems on their entire life cycle.
You’ll have the chance to work with a talented, young and international team, performing tasks related to:
- Design technical services and plan system integration, selecting the necessary platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs.
- Provide technical leadership and consultancy to the development team, ensuring the infrastructure is fit for purpose, while meeting project deadlines.
- Build and maintain technical roadmaps, looking ahead for future opportunities or blockers and ensuring that the decisions by the development team align with the client strategy.
- Advise product managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of current user stories, as well as those in the backlog.
- Help enable the reuse of patterns, tools, and components across the different projects.
- Enable a positive technical culture, applying agile methods to development and completing quality assurance practices.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
If you want this position to be yours, we would like you to have the following knowledge/experience:
- Experience in designing and delivering complex enterprise-scale Java/JEE solutions
- High design skills to create specifications that could be effectively utilised by development teams
- Capable of effectively communicating with stakeholders on technical and user requirements matters in English
- Writing specifications and concept technical documents
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Sense of initiative, responsibility and commitment for the assigned areas of work
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: critical thinking, communicative and respectful in the relationship with the colleagues and with the client
- Service-oriented attitude: able to develop a trustworthy relation with the client
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Certification: Java EE 7 Enterprise Architect Certification or above will be a very good plus
- 10 years hand-on experience in software development in Java/JEE technologies (EJB, JPA, Web Services, WebSockets etc.)
- Hand-on experience in the following technologies or frameworks:Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Ubuntu -Linux), Maven, SVN/Git, Apache (mod_security, mod_proxy), RESTful interfaces, Junit, Jenkins, SonarQube
-JBoss 7 EAP/Wildfly 9 AS and above. Or expertise in any other JEE 6/7 compliant application server.
- Continuous Integration
- WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Join our team and culture GMV by entering into technological and innovative projects within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional career development and training plan. You will be able to acquire or perfect knowledge in the technologies we use as well as in skills. We also offer a language learning program.
- We care about your well-being. You will have private health insurance, accident insurance and a multisport card.
- Join our team activities, events and sports competitions.
- No dress code! Be comfortable at work.
- Are you coming from another country? We offer you a relocation package.
- WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?