GMV is a technological business group with an international presence. We offer our solutions, services and products in very diverse sectors: Aeronautics, Banking and Finances, Space, Defense, Health, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Automotive, Telecommunications, and Information Technology for Public Administration and large corporations.
We lead missions to outer planets, observe the Earth from space, bring technology to Mars, integrate aerospace technology into people’s daily lives… We dreamed about touching the stars, and we did it! If you don’t know us yet, we are an engineering and technological innovation company working on several areas, including the space sector, where we lead projects in flight segment activities, satellite navigation, ground segment, data processing or space robotics among many others.
We are looking for a highly motivated AEROSPACE ENGINEER for its activities in the areas of Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST) and Space Traffic Management (STM), including R&D tasks, software development and related engineering and analysis activities. SST and STM are becoming a more and more relevant topic in the space sector due to the need to manage the traffic of the population of objects orbiting the Earth, both space debris and operational satellites, which is growing currently and is expected to increase even more dramatically due to the launch of mega-constellations.
You would be integrated into GMV’s SSA multidisciplinary team located across several countries, with several projects currently on-going. In particular, you will join the team taking care of SST activities at European level and in Portugal, both for the development of SST system and the execution of studies. The concrete tasks to be performed will mostly focus on engineering activities with a strong relation with orbital mechanics, including orbit determination, collision avoidance, and SST studies. These tasks would alow you to:
- improve your know-how on how systems are engineered in the space sector and in SST and STM in particular;
- understand the risks posed by space debris on satellites;
- Gain hands-on experience in the operation of complex ground systems for space applications;
- work in a very dynamic environment surrounded by highly skilled and motivated engineers;
- be involved in the daily operations of satellites, ranging from the orbit determination of space debris objects to the analysis of potential collision avoidance manoeuvres and collision avoidance manoeuvres;
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
If you want this position to be yours, we would like you to have the following knowledge/experience:
- Orbital mechanics
- Programming (python, java, etc)
- Space environment
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Join our GMV team and culture by entering into technological and innovative projects within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional career development and training plan. You will be able to acquire or perfect knowledge in the technologies we use as well as in skills. We also offer a language learning program.
- We are flexible! We have flexible hours and you can work from home to improve your work-life balance.
- We care about your well-being. You will have private health insurance.
- Join our team activities, events and sports competitions. In addition, we offer Gympass to keep you active.
- No dress code! Be comfortable at work
- Are you coming from another country? We offer you a relocation package.
- Do you want to switch off? You will find fruit and coffee at your disposal in our canteen.
- We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company committed to inclusion and diversity.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?