GMV is a technological business group with an international presence. We offer our solutions, services and products in very diverse sectors: Aeronautics, Banking and Finances, Space, Defense, Health, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Automotive, Telecommunications, and Information Technology for Public Administration and large corporations.
We lead missions to outer planets, observe the Earth from space, bring technology to Mars, integrate aerospace technology into people’s daily lives… We dreamed about touching the stars, and we did it! If you don’t know us yet, we are an engineering and technological innovation company working on several areas, including the space sector, where we lead projects in flight segment activities, satellite navigation, ground segment, data processing or space robotics among many others.
We are currently looking for a Guidance Navigation and Control / Attitude and Orbital Control Systems Engineer (GNC/AOCS) for our Space Segment and Robotics department in Lisbon, Portugal. You will have the chance to integrate a team developing the core control systems for ambitious European Space Agency (ESA) missions, from early analysis, through detailed definition and design, to support to AIV/AIT and missionization of recurrent operations.
The scope of work to be developed within the team encompasses tasks ranging from mission definition, avionics (sensor and actuation) specification and selection, synthesis and qualification of automatic control systems for space vehicles, particularly focusing on Design Development Verification and Validation of algorithms and software. This includes the setup of supporting tools, laboratories and processes for the lifecycle of GNC/AOCS subsystems at all levels: Simulation, Processor-In-the-Loop, Hardware-in-The-Loop. The main application scenarios are interplanetary and near earth object exploration, orbital formation flying, rendez-vous, in-orbit servicing and active debris removal.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
If you want this position to be yours, we would like you to have the following knowledge/experience:
- M.Sc. in Aerospace or Electrotechnical Engineering, or similar field.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
..and of course share the team’s passion for autonomous control of space vehicles!
1-3 years of professional or academic training in the following will be considered an asset:
- Space vehicle GNC/AOCS
- Classical and Modern Multivariate Control
- Estimation, signal processing, and filtering techniques
- Software Development in C, Python
- Robotics fundamentals: computer vision, manipulation, kinematics and constraints
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning
- Embedded optimization, model predictive control, convex optimization, nonlinear programming
- Simulations and Algorithm implementation in Matlab/Simulink
- Software/Hardware laboratorial integration and testing
- Astrodynamics and orbital mechanics
- Space Systems Engineering
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Join our GMV team and culture by entering into technological and innovative projects within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional career development and training plan. You will be able to acquire or perfect knowledge in the technologies we use as well as in skills. We also offer a language learning program.
- We are flexible! We have flexible hours and you can work from home to improve your work-life balance.
- We care about your well-being. You will have private health insurance.
- Join our team activities, events and sports competitions. In addition, we offer Gympass to keep you active.
- No dress code! Be comfortable at work
- Are you coming from another country? We offer you a relocation package.
- Do you want to switch off? You will find fruit and coffee at your disposal in our canteen.
- We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company committed to inclusion and diversity.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?