Leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite
The GomSpace Group, headquartered in Denmark, is running satellite operations in Luxembourg. GomSpace is a nanosatellite specialist established over 10 years ago, listed in Stockholm and with very good track record in the market for nanosatellites.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day planning and operations of multiple satellite missions incl. both GomSpace’s in-orbit demonstration satellites and our customer’s missions.
You will be working as part of a small operations team interfacing with the local R&D team for supporting continuous improvements to the operational tools and systems being used, and with technical experts across the GomSpace Group to optimize the results of the operations for missions. The role is based in Luxembourg. You will be part of a growing multinational organization with the ambition to disrupt the status-quo of satellite operations.
The Job includes the Following Set of Tasks:
- Execute the day-to-day operations by preparing telecommands and responding to alerts
- Support satellite operations during launch and early operations
- Prepare operational plans for satellites and associated infrastructure (e.g. ground stations)
- Analyze system performance, suggest and implement improvements
- Automation of operations through scripts
- Development of operations concepts for future mission
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT, aerospace, physics, electronics or similar
- Experience with high-level programming languages, e.g. Python
- Experience with Linux
- A basic understanding of space missions and technology
- Methodical and structured approach to work
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Experience with satellite operations
- Experience with ECSS standards or similar
- Good data analytics skills
- Working experience in Agile/Scrum/DevOps teams
- Working experience with Linux on embedded systems
- Experience in/knowledge of software development or test