Leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite
As an RF Engineer at GomSpace, you will develop, maintain and integrate RF hardware into satellites. The communications systems span a variety of frequency bands starting at VHF, includes S- and X-band, and currently tops out at >30 GHz Ka-band products.
For development you will perform analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of spacecraft RF systems for our CubeSats. For delivering satellites to customers, you will select RF solution and RF components, support configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of spacecrafts in lab and in orbit, at customers and for customers.
The Job Includes the Following Set of Tasks:
- Guidance of the design choices from first idea of an RF architecture to a verified product.
- Customer engagement, discuss requirements and agree solutions with customers
- Interface with the Systems Engineering team to define architecture and spacecraft design based on required spacecraft attitude determination and control system performance.
- Satellite link budgets analysis for ground and inter-satellite links.
- Design of RF systems and circuits for high bandwidth satellite communications system.
- RF HW block design. Selecting the right approach.
- Specify, evaluate, and select spacecraft RF components.
- Hands-on implementation of RF circuits, including block diagrams, schematics capture, PCB layout, and laboratory work.
- Help project managers and bid managers scope development work packages.
- Participate in the evolution of GomSpace spacecraft RF architecture including components and systems that provide high pointing performance solution. Develop and maintain technical reference documentation for GomSpace spacecraft RF architecture definition, design, and development.
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- Hold a relevant engineering education on a bachelor’s or master’s level, however other backgrounds may apply if you have the right experience.
- Have at least 3 years of experience with RF system design.
- Familiar with work in Linux environments.
- Possess a strong personal drive, commitment, and sense of ownership
- Work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Take pride in the quality of your work and cannot wait to see your product being launched into space
- Are a team player who makes the team achieve its’ goals.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in customer facing and explaining complicated technologies in easy understandable terms.
- Fluent in English on a professional level