Leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite
In the GomSpace Radio Products team you have the possibility to work with the full range of FPGA disciplines from system design, over simulation, to writing HDL, run automated tests, and debug your design.
At GomSpace you will have the opportunity to work with build flow, design entry, synthesis, timing constraints and closure for the Xilinx SoC/FPGA platforms.
If you have senior hands-on experience with the above, you are a much-wanted candidate for the position which will have a large impact on our solutions.
You will join a team of skilled engineers spanning across SW, protocols, and FPGA. The team provides modem and signal processing functionality for our powerful Nanocom SDR hardware platform.
You thrive working in a small, dedicated team taking an iterative approach to development. You possess a strong personal drive, have a sense of ownership, and can’t wait to see your product fly in space inside a GomSpace satellite. Yes, it will get launched on a rocket – cool isn’t it?
The job can include the following set of topics:
- FPGA functionality for high-speed links (modems) and RF signal processing
- Creation of proprietary IP block as well as integration of 3rd party IP blocks
- RF sampling, timestamping, filtering, selection, and compression (spectrum monitoring / SigInt)
- Design, prototyping, verification, and testing in automated build and test systems
- Help determine the best placement of functionality across the interface between processing systems and the programmable logic on our SoC based SDR
- Help project managers and product owners scope development work packages
We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Proficient in FPGA design using VHDL/Verilog, Vivado, and ModelSim.
- Hans-on experience with debug equipment and methodology
- Ideally you also have experience with C/C++ SW and Python scripts
- Our satellites and SDR run a Linux OS. Therefore, our primary development platform is Linux. It is a massive benefit if you are comfortable with that already.
- You work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Fluent in English on a professional level
- 3+ years of relevant experience would be beneficial