Leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite
In the GomSpace Radio Products team you have the possibility to work with the full range of RF HW disciplines from system design, over satellite antenna design, to discrete circuit design (PA, LNA, frequency converters, filters, transceiver circuits) as well as test and debug. Our RF engineers work with several systems ranging from VHF up to Ka-band, with current focus on developing Radio Products for K/Ka-band (20-35 GHz).
The ideal candidate has experience with RF front-end design and/or antenna design in the 10 – 40 GHz frequency range. Perhaps within consumer/professional terminal products or radar RF, as we are expanding our portfolio of mmWave products.
Candidates with extensive experience in the lower GHz range are also encouraged to apply.
You possess a strong personal drive, have a sense of ownership, and can’t wait to see your product fly in space inside a GomSpace satellite. Yes, it will get launched on a rocket – cool isn’t it?
The job can include the following set of topics:
- Development of RF HW for high bandwidth satellite communications systems
- RF HW system design, component selection, simulation, schematic work, PCB routing, early prototype iterations
- RF bench work including test, validation, and environmental qualification of systems
- Satellite link budgets analysis for the ground link as well as inter-satellite link
- Automation of lengthy and tedious RF measurements incl. data processing
- Help project managers and product owners scope development work packages
- Knowledge of antenna design and simulation is an advantage but not a requirement
We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Relevant technical education, e.g. a Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working with RF HW in the mmWave or GHz range
- Experience with RF bench work in the laboratory
- Fluent in English on a professional level
- 3+ years of relevant experience would be beneficial, but it is not a must