Leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite
In the GomSpace Radio Products team you have the possibility to work with the full range of SW disciplines from system design, over simulation, to writing C/C++/Python, run automated tests, and debug your design.
At GomSpace you will have the opportunity to work with software implementation and framework development in C/C++, and Python. The primary work is targeted at our radio solutions, but the work also includes development on our automatic SW testing framework, as an integral part of our SW development, as well as various protocols for data routing.
You will join a team of skilled engineers spanning across SW, protocols, and FPGA. The team provides modem and signal processing functionality for our powerful Nanocom SDR hardware platform.
You thrive working in a small, dedicated team taking an iterative approach to development. You possess a strong personal drive, have a sense of ownership, and can’t wait to see your product fly in space inside a GomSpace satellite. Yes, it will get launched on a rocket – cool isn’t it?
The job can include the following set of topics:
- Software design, implementation, and testing
- C++ framework and applications
- Network interfaces and protocols
- Product specific Linux application layer development
- Verification, and testing using automated build and test systems
- Work from requirements to space qualified products being launched into space
- Help project managers and product owners scope development work packages
We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Relevant technical education, at least a bachelor’s degree or similar
- Work experience within software design and product development
- You feel at home programming in Python and C/C++ for embedded Linux systems
- Ideally you also have experience with HDL design for FPGAs, but it is not a must
- Our satellites and SDR run a Linux OS. Therefore, our primary development platform is Linux. It is a massive benefit if you are comfortable with that already.
- Work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Fluent in English at a professional level
- 3+ years of relevant experience would be beneficial