GomSpace is a globally leading manufacturer and supplier of cubesat & small satellite solutions for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, cubesat platforms, advanced miniaturized radio technology and satellite operations. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and to delivering flawlessly. We are more than 150 employees, from many different nationalities, and we serve our customers in more than 60 countries.
For our Space technology and products team, we a looking for an R&D Manager. You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Nanosatellite solutions to customers on the global market.
The Job Includes the Following Set of Tasks:
As R&D Manager you will be responsible for satellite sub-systems product development as well as satellite reference designs. You will be responsible for a large part of the product life cycle including Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Production Preparation and hand-over to Manufacturing.
As product owner you will cooperate with Sales & Marketing to identify new opportunities and turning the ideas into viable sub-system products and satellite designs. In addition, you will manage the portfolio of existing products and execute the product strategy.
- Presenting proposals and business cases for new Product Development activities to the “New Product Development” board
- Initiation, Follow-up, and Reporting on Product Development Projects
- Continuously defining, presenting, and implementing the Product Roadmap and managing the product development plan
- Maintaining and improving the overview of products in GomSpace for several target audiences with varying degrees of technical insight
- Budget ownership for the product development budget
- PLC-management of both complete satellites as well as standardized satellite sub systems
You will report directly to GomSpace’s CTO and your daily workplace is in Aalborg.
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
As a person you are robust, centered and able to participate in dynamic discussions while maintaining continuity in plans and execution. Your stakeholders include sales, marketing, CxO team, project managers, manufacturing and specialists.
We imagine you have a relevant Engineering degree, probably on Master-level within Electrical Engineering. During your career you have developed strong business as well as technical competencies.
We expect you to have experience from a similar position of leading device development, including mechanics, firmware, and software.
On a personal level, you are a great team worker. More specifically, you are:
- Organized, structured and process oriented.
- Highly analytical and factual with an ability to be pragmatic
- A skilled communicator, written as well as verbal
- Furthermore, you are fluent in English and Danish – verbally as well as in writing.
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Work place will be in our premises at Langagervej 6, Aalborg, Denmark. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we do not receive applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link below.