GomSpace is a globally leading designer, integrator and manufacturer of high-end nanosatellites for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, nanosatellite subsystems and advanced miniaturised radio technology. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and deliver flawlessly. We are listed in Stockholm (GOMX), headquartered in Denmark and have subsidiaries in Sweden, Singapore, North America and Luxembourg. We are more than 200 employees servicing customers in more than 55 countries.
For our SPARC team, we a looking for an RF System Engineer. You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Nanosatellite solutions to customers on the global market.
Located in Aalborg, Denmark, the SPARC team (Signal Processing And Radio Communications) owns and delivers all development for GOMSpace’s radio solutions. The team currently employs 18 highly skilled engineers, covering the complete signal chain from antenna to digital data streams: Antenna and RF engineers, baseband engineers, Signal Processing and modem engineers.
The Job Incluces the Following Set of Tasks:
You will be one of our RF System developers and architects that lay the foundation for the radio signal chain of satellite products and satellite technology. You work from system requirements to space qualified products being launched into space.
Technically, your job focuses on antenna, RF HW system design in the VHF, UHF, S, X, and Ka band, and system design of SDR HW. However, you also consider closely interfacing systems designed by your colleagues working with digital signal processing, algorithm development, and Baseband HW design.
You will work closely with colleagues from other skill groups, where you contribute with:
- Design of RF systems for high bandwidth satellite communications systems
- Satellite link budgets analysis for ground and inter-satellite links
- Antenna and RF HW block design. Selecting the right approach
- Guidance of the design choices from first idea of an RF architecture to a verified product
- Actual and concrete implementation of RF products
- Help project managers and bid managers scope development work packages
You will have a strong focus on engineering:
- Only few recurring sprint meetings.
- You own your tasks and product area
- Automation of routine jobs like release & regression testing => free up time for development
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
A relevant engineering education, preferable on master’s level or more.
You have at least 10 years of experience with RF system design.
You are fluent in English on a professional level.
- Possess a strong personal drive, commitment, and sense of ownership
- Work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Take pride in the quality of your work and cannot wait to see your product or algorithm being launched into space
- Are a team player who makes the team achieve its’ goals.
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
You are welcome to send your application in either Danish or English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis.
Work place will be in our premises at Langagervej 6, Aalborg, Denmark. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.