GomSpace is a globally leading designer, integrator and manufacturer of high-end nanosatellites for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, nanosatellite subsystems and advanced miniaturized radio technology. The international team is devoted to understanding customer’s requirements and deliver flawlessly. GomSpace are listed in Stockholm (GOMX), headquartered in Denmark and have subsidiaries in Sweden and Luxembourg plus a sales office in the US. GomSpace have more than 150 employees and customers in more than 55 countries.
Ambitious Space Company GomSpace is looking for Modem & Signal Processing SW Engineers
You now have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Nanosatellite solutions to customers on the global market. In the industry, GomSpace is known for our radios and associated Modems and protocol SW as well as our ability to implement advanced Signal Processing functionality on our Software Defined Radio (SDR). We need your help to become even better on that front.
At GomSpace you will have the opportunity to work with the full range of Modem and Signal Processing SW / FW disciplines. Ranging from SW system architecture design to actual implementation of Modems and Signal Processing algorithms for our advanced and powerful and space qualified SDR. On top of developing Signal Processing and Modem SW for our high performance SDR our software engineers also write FW for our line of RF front-ends as well as our high reliability telemetry and command radios.
At GomSpace we offer you challenging work on exciting products with skilled colleagues. Together we have the skills across all engineering disciplines to build great products. We launch them into space and get excited about testing them out from a distance and see them perform.
The job includes the following set of tasks:
- Design & implementation of Signal Processing algorithms and RF modem functionality
- Modulators and demodulators for ground-to-satellite links and inter-satellite links
- Lower layers of protocol stack for our various modems / radios
- RF sampling, time-stamping, filtering, selection and compression (spectrum monitoring)
- Design, prototyping, verification, and testing using automated build and test systems
- Work from system requirements to space qualified products being launched into space
- Help project managers and bid managers scope development work packages
- Help prepare SW tasks and breakdown of work for planning
Your will be a part of the Software team which belongs to our cross-disciplinary ‘Signal Processing and Radio Communications’ team which also includes colleagues specializing in digital hardware, radio frequency hardware, and antennas.
You possess a strong personal drive, commitment, and sense of ownership. You take pride in the quality of your work and cannot wait to see your product or algorithm being launched into space.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with the tasks mentioned below. However, we value applications from experienced and newly graduated candidates alike.
We seek the following qualifications:
- Relevant technical education, at least a bachelor’s degree or similar
- Work experience within software design and product development
- You most likely define yourself as a Signal Processing or Modem SW engineer
- Ideally you also have experience with HDL design for FPGAs, but it is not a must
- You feel at home programming in Python and C/C++ for embedded Linux systems
- Our satellites and SDR run a Linux OS. Therefore, our primary development platform is Linux. It is a massive benefit if you are comfortable with that already.
- Work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Fluent in English at a professional level
We are a project driven organization, and our working method is agile, task-based, and inspired by SCRUM. The aim is to give you, as a developer, piece of mind in relation to what you focus on 2 weeks at a time. We offer employment in a dedicated, highly skilled, and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
You are welcome to send your application in English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis.
Workplace will be at our fantastic facilities at Langagervej 6, Aalborg in Denmark.
Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.